Email me at thekeytothegate@gmail.com

Monday, December 10, 2012

What I'm Reading- Dec. 10, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?"It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" is a meme hosted by Sheila from Book Journey where readers share what they are currently reading, recently read, or plan to read next.

Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

I am re-reading this classic for my book club's January meeting. Our members rotate selection each time so our reading material can vary greatly from month to month. Although I have read Wuthering Heights many years ago, I am always willing to re-read a classic.

I recently picked up these two books below. I'm not sure when I will read these but I found them at bargain price and couldn't resist adding them to my stacks.
Have any of you fellow readers read either of these? If so, what did you think?

 

Oprah announced the new selection for her Book Club 2.0 last week: The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis. This is the second selection for 2.0, following Cheryl Strayed's Wild. Has anyone been following along with her new online format? I haven't read Wild but Hattie sounds interesting. I'm interested to see if an online book club has as much appeal as a face-to-face meeting.
Happy Reading!
Rebecca

12 comments:

  1. I downloaded the Audiobook of Wuthering Heights just last week! I hope to listen to it soon!
    Here's what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any of the Brontes. I'm not very good about reading the classics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loed Wuthering Heights too, but haven't re-read it in ages. And I'm not familiar with the 2 books you mentioned. I'm not much for online book clubs - but I do like that on the eBooks, you can get Oprah's notes along with additional notes from the author.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Wuthering Heights in high school and tried a re-read a few years ago and ughh I just couldn't get into it. The Swan Thieves is on my TBR mountain, a good friend loved it.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see your thoughts on The Twelve Tribes of Hattie...enjoy your reading, including the reread of Wuthering Heights. I haven't read it for many years...I wonder what I would think of it now?

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious about Hattie - I don't know what Oprah will be doing exactly, but I've been discussing books via Twitter - it works but can get really busy and via an email list (too quiet). I'm sure Oprah will get enough people to join in, but I'm not sure if it won't get too hectic. You just have to try and see! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy the Oprah experience :)

    Have a great reading week,

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rebecca, I loved Wuthering Heights when I was around 15 years younger, I wonder how I'd find it now at this point in my life. The Twelve Tribes of Hattie also sounds very interesting. We used to have an online book club before but among people I know whom I used to see face to face - so I suppose that would make a difference. Enjoy the rest of your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Wuthering Heights in forever and a day but I do hope to re-read it one of these days :) The Swan Thieves looks familiar to me, I'm going to have to look that up. Enjoy your bargain books, who can resist those?? I'm sure I'll read the new Oprah pick sooner or later. Wild was excellent by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been a long time since I read Wuthering Heights. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Wuthering Heights! That's one I definitely need to reread.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have read the novel by Elizabeth Kostova and I liked it (it's not the best book I've ever read, but it keeps you turning pages and pages).
    And I still haven't read Wuthering Heights! I should do it soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin