Email me at thekeytothegate@gmail.com

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Books, Books, and More Books Please

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
"It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" is a meme hosted by Sheila from Book Journey where readers share what they are currently reading, recently read, or plan to read next.

Recently Finished: The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
I recently finished Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried and it is a must read. You can check out my review here: http://thekeytothegate.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-things-they-carried-by-tim-obrien.html

Currently Reading: The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani
This is the first of Adriana Trigiani's books that I have read. I felt this was a little slow to begin but I'm nearing the half-point and completely engulfed in the story. I am reading this as an e-book but I love the cover art on this one.

Coming Up: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
This will be a re-read for me, having previously read this many years ago in high school English. My book club selected this as the next book for discussion. We rotate reading selection among members which leads to a variety of genres and authors.
 
I also reserved these two e-books from my library when they become available:
 
 
I typically would not select to read a Nicholas Sparks book but after seeing the movie preview for this one, I thought I would give it a try. I know many of you readers have read and loved Gone Girl so I can't wait to get this one and dive in.

I look forward to discovering what you are reading this week!
Rebecca



17 comments:

  1. I loved The Shoemaker's Wife and it was my first Adriana Trigiani book too. I've heard that The Things They Carried is a great book group book.

    I still haven't read Wuthering Heights. I may pick it up someday but I've heard it is depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about The Things They Carried! I am in the minority that did not enjoy Gone Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to get to The Shoemaker's Wife one of these days. I hope you enjoy Gone Girl when your copy comes in...I sure did!

    Have a great week of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wuthering Heights...you have an ambitious book club to make that selection! I have to admit I'm not a fan (though I LOVE Jane Eyre), but I'd be curious what a book club would make of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Nicholas Spark books, but haven't read that one yet. Have heard a lot of great things about Gone Girl! Can't wait to read that one. :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Gone Girl! I haven't read any Nicholas Sparks either, I am curious to read your review when you are finished. :)

    The Shoemaker's Wife is on my TBR, it sounds like I need to get to it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Things They Carried sounds like an affecting read, I will certainly keep an eye out for it though my father was lucky enough to have avoided conscription

    Have a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved The Things They Carried too. I could never understand why Wuthering Heights was thought of as a love story. Heathcliff=creepy stalker! The Shoemaker's Wife does sound good. Might add taht one to the list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read both Safe Haven and The Things They Carried! Have a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't usually read Nicholas Sparks, either, but I really enjoyed Safe Haven. Hope you do, too...and Gone Girl was one of my favorites this year.

    Have a great week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Shoemaker's Wife is my favorite book of the year...I read it when it first came out and loved it. I've read quite a few books by Adriana Trigiani and haven't come across one I didn't like. Right now I'm reading Rococo and it's pretty funny!

    Have a great week!
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the audio for The Shoemaker's Wife and Gone Girl - I'm so excited to read both too, and thanks for the heads up that TSW is a little slow at the beginning.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a fan of Sparks either but absolutely loved Gone Girl so I hope you do also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to give Wuthering Heights another reread, since I've also not read it since high school. I just ordered Gone Girl today, so looks like we're both looking forward to that one. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Shoemaker's Wife is just divine! And Gone Girl? Seriously no words as to its awesomeness. I do think it might be my favorite of the year. Wuthering Heights will always be my all-time favorite book though. Enjoy your re-read!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm on hold for Gone Girl too - hoping for a good read. People around here either LOVE it or HAAATe it :) You just never know!
    Have a wonderful reading week! Whatcha readin' this week @ the Brunette Librarian :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It seems you've got several of the big names there. I've only read Wuthering Heights. It was during hs for me too. I didn't like it, but I know so many others do.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin