Email me at thekeytothegate@gmail.com

Sunday, September 16, 2012

What Are You Reading this Week?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

"It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" is a meme hosted by Sheila from Book Journey where readers share what they are currently reading, recently read, or plan to read next.

Just Finished: A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
This was my book club's latest selection and I enjoyed it much more than I had originally thought I would and plan to read the next one in the series.
Coming Up: After seeing the stunning movie trailer for the upcoming adaptation of Anna Karenina starring Keira Knightley, I am going to attempt to read this Tolstoy classic. Many years ago, I read the first 200 pages of War and Peace, only to put it down and never pick it up again. I'm hoping to have more success with Anna Karenina.

If you have not seen the trailer yet, it is available here at imdb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1781769/

There is still time to enter the new giveaway: The Red Tent

Simply leave a comment on this post (or the original announcement) by September 21, 2012. This is a copy I picked up at my local library's used book sale. I have bought many copies of this book the past few years to share with others. Read more about it here: http://thekeytothegate.blogspot.com/2012/09/titles-for-book-clubs-and-new-giveaway.html
Happy Reading!
Rebecca


15 comments:

  1. I am always reluctant to pick up the chunckster books... I guess I am locked into reading three books instead of one big one. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always makes me feel a bit guilty when I decide to read a book so I can finish it before the movie comes out. But I guess it's just good that we're reading them, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited about the film version of Anna Karenina as well as the new film adaptation of Les Miserables. I read Anna Karenina in high school but I don't know how I managed it. I don't generally enjoy classics (except for Jane Austen). Good luck with Anna Karenina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Discovery Of Witches on audio and struggled with it. Perhaps I should try the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed Discovery of Witches, it's on my TBR mountain but a bloggy friend put up a scathing review of it recently which put me off a little lol. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy Anna Karenina, I certainly did. I'm looking forward to the movie as well because it just looks so beautiful!

    I have to say that The Red Tent was AMAZING. I don't know what it was about that book but I just loved it!

    Have a great week of reading :)
    The Relentless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your books. My favorite book this week was the audio of Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Please come see what I'm reading now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing that trailer, I had no idea it was being made into a movie

    Have a great reading week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been many years since I read Anna Karenina, but I loved it. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally excited for the Anna Kareina movie coming out. It looks gorgeous doesn't it?
    Have a wonderful reading week :)
    Whatcha readin' this week @ the Brunette Librarian :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seeing all the publicity around Anna Karenina makes me want to read it too!

    Here's My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anna Karenina looks amazing from the trailer -- thanks for the link. Have a great week of reading!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, A Discovery of Witches was a good one :) I need to read the sequel before my galley expires :)

    I haven't read Anna Karenina, but I hope you'll read it & enjoy it :)

    Happy reading & have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to read Anna Karenina, too - especially after seeing the trailer for the movie. Maybe that will be my motivation - I can't see the movie until I read the book!

    Have a great week!
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to read Anna Karenina - one of my friends just read it and loved it. I also really enjoyed A Discovery of Witches too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin