Email me at thekeytothegate@gmail.com

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Nature Photography: Roses

These photos are linked up to Saturday Snapshot, a super fun meme hosted by Alyce at At Home With Books. Head on over and check out some great photos!

"I feel as if I had opened a book and found roses of yesterday sweet and fragrant, between its leaves."
               L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island


These images are from the rose garden at Ritter Park in Huntington, W.Va. As autumn quickly approaches, the roses are beginning to fade away but will return in the spring to delight visitors with their grand color and fragrant blooms. 


I hope everyone is enjoying the last days of the summer season and taking time to smell the roses!
Rebecca



21 comments:

  1. Lovely roses, even in the last days of summer. I've commented linking to my Blogger blog - but I don't use it these days - I'm on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! And the quote at the beginning is so fitting, too. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose gardens are lovely, nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca, lovely photos :D **New Follower**
    Bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those roses still look pretty fantastic, though. I'm sure they're quite a spectacle in peak season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty garden, I love the red brick path :) Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful rose gardens, an perfectly paired with the Anne quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely rose garden! I love roses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I would love for that to be my backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous garden! I would love to visit it to sit in it to drink in its tranquility!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that is so beautiful - it could be an English country garden! My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/g4s6H

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm trying to imagine how fragrant the walk down that path must be. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love walking through gardens! Though roses themselves are not my favourite flower, they are wonderful to visit...especially the reds and the pinks! Just lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    My snapshot is here: http://zaraalexis.wordpress.com/2012/09/08/saturday-snapshot-09-08-2012/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how beautiful. It would be wonderful to have a whole garden full of roses!

    Here's my Saturday Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, I always enjoy a rose garden.

    ReplyDelete
  16. To walk in the midst of roses- rich colors and fragrant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The perfect quote to describe autumnal roses. I'm eagerly awaiting my first rose bloom of the spring - lots of buds just waiting for a few more warm days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The roses still look lovely this late in the season.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin