Email me at thekeytothegate@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Top 10 Intimidating Books

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Happy Tuesday Everyone!
Today I am participating in Top Ten Tuesday
hosted by The Broke and the Bookish with a list of 10 books I think of as intimidating. Click on the link above to head over and visit other submissions and to find great books to add to your To Read list.

I broke this set into two segments: Books that I initially thought would be intimidating but I finished reading and Books that I still find too intimidating to dive in but are still on my To Read someday list.

Read: Each of these I discovered were not as an intimidating as my perceptions allowed me to believe.

   


This next set is still on my To Read list. Most I started at one point or another but never broke through to the point where I was interested in the material.
 
  

I feel a great sense of accomplishment when I complete a novel that I considered a challenge. I am looking forward to discovering more "intimidating" literature from fellow book bloggers!

Happy Reading,
Rebecca

8 comments:

  1. I've read The Odyssey, but I have to admit that I find Ulysses pretty intimidating myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zowie, those are some tough reads! Crime and Punishment nearly killed me, lol. It was good but oh my word, those Russian names always have my head spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those all look terrifying! War and Peace is definitely on my list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you split the list up this way. I will say that if you liked Anna Karenina (I did too!) then War & Peace will probably work for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! I tried reading War and Peace many years ago. I made it through 200 pages before I conceded. It has been collecting dust on my bookshelf ever since. One of these days I am going to pull it back down and give it another try! Thanks for visting!
      Happy Reading,
      Rebecca

      Delete
  5. I have Anna Karenina on my TBR list, and I'm actually looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it. I have yet to watch the new film version starring Keira Knightly. I need to remedy that soon. I hope you enjoy it!
      Happy Reading,
      Rebecca

      Delete
  6. I have read five of them and can't say they are intimidating at all. I loved them all.
    They are Anna Karenina, Crime & Punishment, Middlemarch, The Odyssey and War and Peace. Can you tell I love classics Ulysses is next.


    Marianne from Let's Read

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin