Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Favorite Book Club Selections for 2012
Reading Group Guides polled more than 300 book groups about their favorite selections in 2012 and recently announced the top 15 results.
Click on the titles of Unbroken, The Paris Wife, and Gone Girl for my reviews of these titles.
Did you read any of these selections with your group or individually?
1. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
2. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
3. Night Road by Kristin Hannah
4. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
5. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
6. An Unquenchable Thirst: A Memoir by Mary Johnson
7. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
8. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
9. State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
10. Defending Jacob by William Landay
11. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
12. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
13. Home Front by Kristin Hannah
14. Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
15. The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom