Email me at thekeytothegate@gmail.com

Monday, June 18, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


June 18

"It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" is a meme hosted by Sheila from Book Journey where readers share what they are currently reading, recently read, or plan to read next.


Currently Reading
Mission to Paris by Alan Furst

I was excited to win this title from Random House Reader's Circle. I typically don't select mystery/ spy thrillers to read so this one is a chance for me to step into a new genre. I will share a review as soon as I finish. I've been slacking on my reading this past week and look forward to seeing what each of you are reading for some inspiration. If you have never checked out Random House Reader's Circle, you should! It's a good resource for discussion guides and also provides an outlet for readers to contact published authors for potential chats.

Coming Up
The additional books I hope to complete this summer include:
The Country Girls by Edna O'Brien
Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
A Woman of Rome: A Life of Elsa Morante by Lily Tuck
Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor


New Giveaway


Enter to win a copy of "Burning Bright" by Tracy Chevalier, author of The Girl With the Pearl Earring. I picked this copy up at my local library's recent used book sale because I know it has been popular and appealed to many readers. Library book sales are a great way to stock up on many titles at great prices.

To enter, simply leave me a comment on any of my posts (old or new) between now and June 30, 2012.

Thanks again for visiting The Key to the Gate!

Happy Reading!
Rebecca











18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to Random House Reader's Circle - that site is new to me but it looks like a fantastic resource. Oh - and sweet giveaway :-)

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! I just checked our your awesome website! I haven't read much science fiction or fantasy in the past but will definitely have to look into some of the books you highlighted. Happy Reading!
      Rebecca

      Delete
  2. Prodigal Summer is my favorite Barbara Kingsolver book. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Forever Amber takes me back! I read that one many years ago...I wonder what I'd think of it now?

    Have a great week...here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wanting to get started on Forever Amber but it's size is a bit daunting for summer reading. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read or heard about any of these books but I hope you enjoy them.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read the new Kingsolver book. And the mystery novel does sound tempting. Enjoy reading your nice set of books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to step out of your comfort zone every now and again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It is something I need to do more often. Happy Reading!

      Delete
  7. Looks like some good reading! I'm not big on thrillers, either, but once in awhile it really hits the spot. Nelson DeMille is a favorite author when I'm in that mood -- absolutely chilling books!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read Nelson DeMille but I know there are a lot of fans. I will have to check one of his books out. Thanks for visiting!
      Rebecca

      Delete
  8. I love Random House Reader's Circle, I use it all the time. :)

    Happy reading this week :) What are YOU reading @ The Brunette Librarian??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just signed up this year and it has been a good resource for me when searching for titles for my book club. Happy Reading!
      Rebecca

      Delete
  9. I *love* Prodigal Summer! I don't think I read it in the summertime, but I wish I had. It's just a perfect book for a hot, humid day. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to open it next because everyone seems to have enjoyed it. Thanks for visiting!
      Rebecca

      Delete
  10. Mission to Paris does sound interesting, I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal is to finish it this week and then get a review up to let everyone know more about it. I seem to struggle more in the summer with reading a lot. Thanks for visiting!
      Rebecca

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin